MORE QUINOA!!! I'm a member of a Charleston Women in Business Facebook group and one of the lovely members owns a local carwash. Every Tuesday at Cactus Carwash is Ladies Day, so she generously invited members of the group to come to the business and set up a booth and chat with the customers.
I couldn't go without some type of sample. I decided the fresh, colorful Mexican Quinoa Salad was a great way to go. It's beautiful and fits right in with Making Healthy Delicous. Plus, there was plently of queso fresco left in my fridge, and I LOVE that stuff.
I hope you enjoy!
Mexican Quinoa Salad
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1 cup frozen corn
1 small zucchini, minced
¼ red onion, minced
1 red bell pepper, minced
½ cup cilantro, chopped
¼ cup queso fresco, crumbled
1 lime, juiced
1. Place the quinoa and water in a small sauce pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
2. Cover and cook until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, take of the lid and let cool.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a lined sheet pan with the olive oil. Spread out the corn. Season the corn with salt, pepper and chili powder.
4. Roast until beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
5. Place all the vegetables, herbs and queso fresco in a large mixing bowl. Add the cooled quinoa, queso fresco and lime juice.
6. Drizzle with the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.