Chef's Roll is like LinkedIn for chefs, and they also throw out these amazing opportunities for us to gain recognition and experience. For March Madness, It's all about Avocados from Mexico with a Final Four style competition. The top 2 winners go to San Francisco to compete for $10,000. Obviously, this would be amazing. So each week, I'll post a new recipe using my favorite food of the moment, Avocado.
This week, the category is SANDWICH. This was the perfect opportunity for me to finally create a recipe for my favorite wrap, Avocado with Sweet Chili Roasted Tofu. I started making this a few months ago for myself and it's a go-to lunch staple. I roast a big batch of the tofu early in the week, make a cup of the Srirach mayo and chop up all the veggies, so I can easily throw together the wraps during the week.
This combo of flavors is healthy, vegan and delicious. I'd love if you'd vote for me at the linke below! And please, make the wrap at home!
Avocado and Sweet Chili Tofu Wrap
1 pound firm tofu; pressed, drained and cut into ½ inch cubes
1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
2 Avocados from Mexico; cubed 1 lime, juiced
1/3 cup mayonnaise (regular or vegan)
1 tablespoon Sriracha
6 large flour tortillas
3 cups arugula
6 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/2 small zucchini; julienned
1 small carrot, grated
¼ red onion, sliced thin
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment and set aside.
2. Season the tofu with salt. Toss the tofu with ¼ cup sweet chili sauce to lightly coat all the cubes.
3. Spread the tofu out on the sheet pan and cook until beginning to brown and crisp. Remove from the oven and toss with another ¼ chili sauce. Set aside.
4. Place the cubed avocado and lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss. Set aside.
5. Place the mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
6. Place the tortillas on a large work surface. Spread a tablespoon of the sriracha/mayo mixture on each tortilla.
7. Top with the arugula, cilantro, zucchini, carrot and red onion. Top each with a portion of the avocado and tofu.
8. Wrap the fillings up in the tortilla, slice in half and serve.